The newest edition of this best-selling educational resource contains the essential information needed to understand all sections of the CPT codebook but now boasts inclusion of multiple new chapters and a significant redesign.
The ninth edition of Principles of CPT® Coding is now arranged into two parts:
- CPT and HCPCS coding
- An overview of documentation, insurance, and reimbursement principles
Part 1 provides a comprehensive and in-depth guide for proper application of service and procedure codes and modifiers for which this book is known and trusted. A staple of each edition of this book, these revised chapters detail the latest updates and nuances particular to individual code sections and proper code selection. Part 2 consists of new chapters that explain the connection between and application of accurate coding, NCCI edits, and HIPAA regulations to documentation, payment, insurance, and fraud and abuse avoidance.
The new full-color design offers readers of the illustrated ninth edition a more engaging and far better educational experience.
Learn how you can save up to 35% on this resource.
The Principles of CPT Coding, 9e includes new materials to expand resources for instructors and ensure that they are successful in presenting all course work. The following materials are part of the Instructor Resources:
- Instructor’s Manual includes section overviews for each chapter, teaching notes, and lesson plans
- PowerPoint Slides can be used to reinforce key concepts to engage students through visual learning
- Test Bank includes 1000+ questions in a variety of formats and the answer keys and rationales for all 1000+ questions
- Mock Certification Exams can be used to assess students’ preparedness for certification and/or their overall understanding of terminology, CPT codes, anatomy, reimbursement, patient manage-ment, and ICD-10-CM codes
Instructor resources are available to verified instructors. Please contact Amanda Brothers at firstname.lastname@example.org to receive access.