Updated to include the 2017 code set, the fourth edition of Principles of ICD-10-CM Coding Workbook helps health care professionals learn from real-life ICD-10-CM chart notes and case studies rather than simple diagnosis statements. A flexible design allows this ICD-10-CM training workbook to be equally effective in an independent study or classroom environment.
Learn how you can save up to 35% on this resource.
Designed as an independent study tool, as well as for school programs or in-house organizational training, each chapter includes a brief introduction, exercises and case studies that correspond to each chapter in the ICD-10-CM codebook.
This resource uses real ICD-10-CM chart notes from medical records to build skill and proficiency. Hands-on exercises with ICD-10-CM coding helps users learn and retain the knowledge needed to successfully code with the new ICD-10-CM coding system. Features include:
- Updated code set: Updated and revised using the 2017 ICD-10-CM code set
- ICD-10-CM chart notes: Code directly from complete, real-life examples from medical records using the ICD-10-CM coding system
- Hands-on exercises for each case using fill-in-the-blank questions (includes answer keys with rationale)
- Organized by ICD-10-CM specialty: Allows users to follow along with the ICD-10-CM codebook
Deborah J. Grider is a Certified Professional Coder (CPC), a Certified Professional Coder—Hospital (CPC-H), a Certified Professional Coder—Payer (CPC-P), a Certified Professional Medical Auditor (CPMA) and a Certified E/M Specialist (CEMS) with the AAPC; and a Certified Coding Specialist—Physicians (CCS-P), a Clinical Documentation Improvement Practitioner (CDIP) and an Approved ICD-10 Trainer with the American Health Information Management Association (AHIMA).
Her background includes many years of practical experience in reimbursement issues, procedural and diagnostic coding and medical practice management. Ms Grider teaches and consults with private practices, physician networks and hospital-based educational programs on coding and reim¬bursement issues and teaches several insurance courses and coding courses. She is also a well-known national speaker on coding and revenue cycle issues.
Her professional affiliations include:
- AAPC National Advisory Board member (2002–2005)
- President-Elect of the AAPC Coders National Advisory Board (2005–2007)
- President of the AAPC National Advisory Board (2007–2009)
- Member of AHIMA
- Member of the Indiana Medical Group Management Association (IMGMA)
- Member of the Healthcare Financial Management Association (HFMA)
For the American Medical Association, Deborah has authored these popular books:
- Coding with Modifiers
- Medical Record Auditor
- Principles of ICD-10-CM Coding
- Principles of ICD-10-CM Coding Workbook
- Preparing for ICD-10-CM
- Principles of ICD-9-CM Coding