Principles of ICD-10-CM Coding provides the tools needed for providers and payers to accurately and effectively use the ICD-10-CM code set. It clarifies the new diagnosis codes in detail to assist in making correct ICD-10-CM coding choices. Examples of real-life chart notes are included.
Updated to include the 2017 code set, the fourth edition of Principles of ICD-10-CM Coding helps health care professionals learn how to make correct decisions when selecting diagnosis codes from the ICD-10-CM codeset. It is written for all skill levels—from basic to advanced—and appropriate for self-learners and the classroom. This educational tool helps professionals:
- Understand the purpose of ICD-10-CM and its relationship to the reimbursement process
- Understand and apply coding conventions when assigning codes
- Interpret basic coding guidelines for outpatient care
- Assign ICD-10-CM codes to the highest level of specificity
- Properly sequence ICD-10-CM codes
Learn how you can save up to 35% on this resource.
Principles of ICD-10-CM Coding is a best-selling training tool that assists in ICD-10-CM education for medical professionals who need to learn more about ICD-10-CM diagnosis coding.
The fourth edition features:
- Updated code set: Updated and revised using the 2017 ICD-10-CM code set
- Introduction to ICD-10-CM: Contains conventions and terminology used in the ICD-10-CM coding system
- Chapters organized by codebook section: Allows the reader to follow along with the ICD-10-CM codebook
- Real-life chart notes: Code directly from real-life chart notes from medical records using the ICD-10-CM diagnosis coding system
- ICD-10-CM guidelines for coding: Leads readers through each of the ICD-10-CM sections by reviewing and analyzing the guidelines
- Chapter checkpoint exercises: Tests readers' knowledge of ICD-10-CM coding
The Principles of ICD-10-CM Coding, 4e includes new materials to expand resources for instructors and ensure that they are successful in presenting all course work. The following materials are part of the Instructor Resources:
- Instructor’s Manual includes section overviews for each chapter, teaching notes, and lesson plans
- PowerPoint Slides can be used to reinforce key concepts to engage students through visual learning
- Test Bank includes 1000+ questions in a variety of formats and the answer keys and rationales for all 1000+ questions
- Mock Certification Exams can be used to assess students’ preparedness for certification and/or their overall understanding of terminology, CPT codes, anatomy, reimbursement, patient manage-ment, and ICD-10-CM codes
Instructor resources are available to verified instructors. Please contact Amanda Brothers at firstname.lastname@example.org to receive access.