Updated to include the 2017 code set, the fourth edition of Principles of ICD-10-CM Coding helps health care professionals learn how to make correct decisions when selecting diagnosis codes from the ICD-10-CM codeset. It is written for all skill levels—from basic to advanced—and appropriate for self-learners and the classroom. This educational tool helps professionals:
- Understand the purpose of ICD-10-CM and its relationship to the reimbursement process
- Understand and apply coding conventions when assigning codes
- Interpret basic coding guidelines for outpatient care
- Assign ICD-10-CM codes to the highest level of specificity
- Properly sequence ICD-10-CM codes
Learn how you can save up to 35% on this resource.
Principles of ICD-10-CM Coding is a best-selling training tool that assists in ICD-10-CM education for medical professionals who need to learn more about ICD-10-CM diagnosis coding.
The fourth edition features:
- Updated code set: Updated and revised using the 2017 ICD-10-CM code set
- Introduction to ICD-10-CM: Contains conventions and terminology used in the ICD-10-CM coding system
- Chapters organized by codebook section: Allows the reader to follow along with the ICD-10-CM codebook
- Real-life chart notes: Code directly from real-life chart notes from medical records using the ICD-10-CM diagnosis coding system
- ICD-10-CM guidelines for coding: Leads readers through each of the ICD-10-CM sections by reviewing and analyzing the guidelines
- Chapter checkpoint exercises: Tests readers' knowledge of ICD-10-CM coding
Deborah J. Grider is a Certified Professional Coder (CPC), a Certified Professional Coder—Hospital (CPC-H), a Certified Professional Coder—Payer (CPC-P), a Certified Professional Medical Auditor (CPMA) and a Certified E/M Specialist (CEMS) with the AAPC; and a Certified Coding Specialist—Physicians (CCS-P), a Clinical Documentation Improvement Practitioner (CDIP) and an Approved ICD-10 Trainer with the American Health Information Management Association (AHIMA).
Her background includes many years of practical experience in reimbursement issues, procedural and diagnostic coding and medical practice management. Ms Grider teaches and consults with private practices, physician networks and hospital-based educational programs on coding and reim¬bursement issues and teaches several insurance courses and coding courses. She is also a well-known national speaker on coding and revenue cycle issues.
Her professional affiliations include:
- AAPC National Advisory Board member (2002–2005)
- President-Elect of the AAPC Coders National Advisory Board (2005–2007)
- President of the AAPC National Advisory Board (2007–2009)
- Member of AHIMA
- Member of the Indiana Medical Group Management Association (IMGMA)
- Member of the Healthcare Financial Management Association (HFMA)
For the American Medical Association, Deborah has authored these popular books:
- Coding with Modifiers
- Medical Record Auditor
- Principles of ICD-10-CM Coding
- Principles of ICD-10-CM Coding Workbook
- Preparing for ICD-10-CM
- Principles of ICD-9-CM Coding