Physician employment is an integral and growing part of the practice of medicine. Many physicians today are employed by small group practices, multispecialty group practices, medical faculty practice plans, hospitals or other institutions. At some point in their careers, most physicians will likely be party to an employment agreement.
The AMA is pleased to offer a new resource, the Annotated Model Physician-Group Practice Employment Agreement, for physicians, group practice owners, and their respective professional advisors who want to be prepared to negotiate such employment agreements. This valuable resource provides a thorough description of basic contract terms typically found in employment agreements, in-depth explanations of the significance of such provisions, and model contract provisions.
Not an AMA member? Discounted pricing on products and services is just one benefit of AMA membership. Join the AMA today.
Annotated Model Physician-Group Practice Employment Agreement features:
- Comprehensive outline of issues that prospective employers and employees should consider before entering into an agreement
- Thorough descriptions of basic contract terms typically found in employment agreements
- In-depth explanations of the significance of employment agreement provisions and language
- Negotiating tips from the perspective of both the employer and the employee
- Model contract provisions, including both employer- and employee-friendly language
- Checklists of issues for employers and employees to consider when negotiating employment agreements
Norman Jeddeloh, Esq., and Thomas Conley, Esq., Arnstein & Lehr, LLP, Chicago
Lifetime Access to Best-Selling AMA Publications
E-Books from the AMA can be accessed on the go when downloaded directly to an electronic device, including desktops, laptops and tablets. E-Books are sold per user, but one e-Book purchase can be downloaded on up to six different devices. E-Books feature:
- E-Books are not able to be printed
- Platform independence: Work offline! Every e-Book purchase allows for six downloads to electronic devices that support the ePub format, including a PC/laptop, Mac®, iPad®, iPod touch®, Nook® and Sony® Reader
- Simple navigation: Scroll through and read like you would a real book, browse using the table of contents or enter a specific page number to instantly access information
- Quick searching: Search by keyword or phrase; terms are highlighted within the text
- Bookmarks and notes: Mark and quickly locate pertinent information within an e-book
- Adobe Digital Editions (ADE) technology: Download the free software to organize and keep track of publications on the ADE bookshelf
Some digital publications also include supplementary materials, such as interactive forms, printable tables and PowerPoint® presentations.
A confirmation email will be sent for every e-Book purchased. This email will include an e-Book download link and instructions on how to install ADE and the iTunes app.
Note: E-Book purchases are non-refundable.