This codebook provides the complete draft code set for hospital procedural coding. ICD-10-PCS 2015: The Complete Official Draft Codebook presents the complete code set in 16 sections of tables arranged by general procedure type. Tables within the extensive Medical and Surgical section are additionally sectioned out by body system and indicated by color-coded page borders.
The illustrated ICD-10-PCS codebook contains classifications for procedures, devices and technologies.
This illustrated codebook contains these valuable features:
- American Hospital Association's Coding Clinic for ICD-10-CM/PCS citations provide reference information regarding official ICD-10-CM/PCS coding advice that will enhance your understanding of specific codes
- Summary of changes for 2015 offers an accounting of the number and type of changes that have occurred since the codebook last published
- Color-coding and symbols for the Medicare Code Edits provide the most comprehensive coverage of procedure edits
- Code tables ease your transition into the new classification system by helping you build the code through character value selections that reflect the procedure performed
- Detailed information on the structure and conventions of ICD-10-PCS introduces you to the new coding system with its unique structure of specific definition and functions for each character
- Coding exercises help you develop basic coding skills, increase your understanding and test your proficiency
- Official coding guidelines teach appropriate use of the code set by section