The Physician Quality Reporting System (PQRS) Participation Tool e-Book assists eligible professionals who report to the PQRS program. It is created by and maintained by the AMA and includes those measures that are reportable via claims for the 2014 PQRS program.
These tools help to identify appropriate measures that they can report on in the PQRS program, as well as the requirements for each measure's patient population. CMS's PQRS measure specifications manual for claims and registry reporting is adapted into an easy-to-use and easy-to-read format for the PQRS Participation Tools. Each tool is composed of three components: definition of the measure, relevant coding, and a data collection worksheet to highlight important steps related to reporting the measure.
Developed by the AMA, PQRS Participation Tools 2014 provide three components for each measure reportable via claims to the PQRS. These components are:
- Measure description: Includes measure description and reporting instructions
- Coding specifications: Includes relevant ICD-9-CM, ICD-10-CM and CPT® and/or HCPCS coding to meet the measure denominator, as well as quality data codes to report the appropriate numerator action taken
- Data collection worksheet: A form that allows physicians and/or their billing staff to appropriately record patient data and determine quality data codes that need to be reported to the PQRS
Lifetime Access to Best-Selling AMA Publications
E-Books from the AMA can be accessed on the go when downloaded directly to an electronic device, including desktops, laptops and tablets. E-Books are sold per user, but one e-Book purchase can be downloaded on up to six different devices. E-Books feature:
- Platform independence: Work offline! Every e-Book purchase allows for six downloads to electronic devices that support the ePub format, including a PC/laptop, Mac®, iPad®, iPod touch®, Nook® and Sony® Reader
- Simple navigation: Scroll through and read like you would a real book, browse using the table of contents or enter a specific page number to instantly access information
- Quick searching: Search by keyword or phrase; terms are highlighted within the text
- Bookmarks and notes: Mark and quickly locate pertinent information within an e-book
- Adobe Digital Editions (ADE) technology: Download the free software to organize and keep track of publications on the ADE bookshelf
Some digital publications also include supplementary materials, such as interactive forms, printable tables and PowerPoint® presentations.
A confirmation email will be sent for every e-Book purchased. This email will include an e-Book download link and instructions on how to install ADE and the iTunes app. A zipped file with the supplementary materials (if any) will be sent under a separate email.
Note: E-Book purchases are non-refundable.