As more physicians and hospitals pursue integration models that involve physicians being employed by hospitals or health system, those involved are learning that mere employment often is not sufficient to satisfy the needs of the physicians and hospitals. These needs include the direct involvement by the physicians and the hospitals, in a cooperative manner, not only to deliver physician services to their patients in a practice setting, but also to expand the physician's involvement into management of the hospital service lines.
A service line agreement, also referred to as a co-management agreement, is an agreement whereby the hospital's service line is managed by a group of physicians or a physician-hospital joint venture. In essence, service line agreements are financial arrangements with contractual obligations and allocated responsibilities that allow hospitals and physicians to work collaboratively to manage and improve an entire specific service line offered by the hospital.
The purpose of the AMA Annotated Model Co-Management Service Line Agreement is to provide a discussion of and sample language that benefits physicians entering into service line agreements with a hospital or health system.
Lifetime Access to Best-Selling AMA Publications
E-Books from the AMA can be accessed on the go when downloaded directly to an electronic device, including desktops, laptops and tablets. E-Books are sold per user, but one e-Book purchase can be downloaded on up to six different devices. E-Books feature:
- E-Books are not able to be printed
- Exclusive AMA content: Get the full text of the print edition without worrying about it expiring
- Platform independence: Work offline! Every e-Book purchase allows for six downloads to electronic devices that support the ePub format, including a PC/laptop, Mac® iPad®, iPod touch®, Nook® and Sony® Reader
- Simple navigation: Scroll through and read like you would a real book, browse using the table of contents or enter a specific page number to instantly access information
- Quick searching: Search by keyword or phrase; terms are highlighted within the text
- Bookmarks and notes: Mark and quickly locate pertinent information within an e-book
- Adobe Digital Editions (ADE) technology: Download the free software to organize and keep track of publications on the ADE bookshelf
Some digital publications also include supplementary materials, such as interactive forms, printable tables and PowerPoint® presentations.
A confirmation email will be sent for every e-Book purchased. This email will include an e-Book download link and instructions on how to install ADE and the iTunes app. A zipped file with the supplementary materials (if any) will be sent under a separate email.
Note: E-Book purchases are non-refundable.