Policies and Procedures for a Successful Medical Practice provides standards and tools for the medical practice. This manual contains customizable policies and procedures for the day-to-day administration and growth of both new and existing medical practices.
E-Books are not printable.
Customization is key
Customize the basic policies and procedures (P&Ps) provided in Policies and Procedures for a Successful Medical Practice and add additional P&Ps to make it "your own". Learn how to write and create P&Ps that you can use to train your employees to do things your way, and to add professionalism and consistency to your practice.
For easier reading and adaptation, Policies and Procedures was developed to mirror an actual policy and procedure manual, separating administrative and general practice protocols, including P&Ps for the employee handbook.
No starting from scratch! Capitalize on ideas in Policies & Procedures!
- Adapt and adopt the sectioned and separated content: Use the Introduction, Administrative and General Practice sections provided to get you started
- Use provided templates for checklists, policies and procedures, and forms
Achieve smooth operations and efficient practice management with these features:
- "Living and breathing" written protocols: Build infrastructure to improve workflow and increase efficiencies
- Learn to write P&Ps and format documentation: Fundamental tips on how to write effective P&Ps and the best documentation format for a P&P manual
- Insight and advice: Best practices from AMA Practice Management Center
- Use of written protocols as a tool for efficient practice management: EHR, HIPAA, Meaningful Use, e-RX, personnel recruitment and management, business and marketing, licensure and accreditation, billing and reimbursement, patient scheduling, registration, and medical records administration, etc.
- Marketing and social media: Understand the implications under the HIPAA Privacy and Security Rule, and HITECH Omnibus Final Rule
- Facebook and Twitter: Capitalize on benefits of practice exposure in social media
Lifetime Access to Best-Selling AMA Publications
E-Books from the AMA can be accessed on the go when downloaded directly to an electronic device, including desktops, laptops and tablets. E-Books are sold per user, but one e-Book purchase can be downloaded on up to six different devices. E-Books feature:
- E-Books are not able to be printed
- Exclusive AMA content: Get the full text of the print edition without worrying about it expiring
- Platform independence: Work offline! Every e-Book purchase allows for six downloads to electronic devices that support the ePub format, including a PC/laptop, Mac®, iPad®, iPod touch®, Nook® and Sony® Reader
- Simple navigation: Scroll through and read like you would a real book, browse using the table of contents or enter a specific page number to instantly access information
- Quick searching: Search by keyword or phrase; terms are highlighted within the text
- Bookmarks and notes: Mark and quickly locate pertinent information within an e-book
- Adobe Digital Editions (ADE) technology: Download the free software to organize and keep track of publications on the ADE bookshelf
Some digital publications also include supplementary materials, such as interactive forms, printable tables and PowerPoint® presentations.
A confirmation email will be sent for every e-Book purchased. This email will include an e-Book download link and instructions on how to install ADE and the iTunes app. A zipped file with the supplementary materials (if any) will be sent under a separate email.
Note: E-Book purchases are non-refundable.