The Health Care Careers Directory 2012-2013 is the last edition of this publication and there will be no future editions, but the 2012-2013 edition is still available for purchase.
The 2012-2013 edition of the Health Care Careers Directory provides detailed information on more than 8,600 educational programs at 2,800 institutions encompassing 82 different health care occupations.
Educational programs are listed alphabetically by state and city, and include the name and address of the program's location and Web site address. An informative data chart in each section shows each program's:
- Class capacity
- Month(s) classes begin and program length(s)
- Program length(s)
- Yearly tuition cost, stipend and academic award(s) granted
- Stipend and academic award(s) granted
- Availability of evening/weekend courses and distance education
- Whether a program offers education/courses in medical/health care terms in non-English languages
- Education in cultural competence or in patient communication
The most authoritative resource for anyone pursuing a career in health care today, this resource provides indispensable information on accredited educational programs in all 50 US states, Puerto Rico, Canadian provinces and other countries.
Each career description includes:
- History—gives information on the development of the profession over time
- Career description—lists duties of the profession within the context of the health care environment and provides an in-depth depiction of the day-to-day activities of workers in the profession
- Employment characteristics—explains in detail the workplace, facility, or physical location where the profession's duties are typically performed
- Salary ranges and employment outlook—projects demand, growth, and staffing needs
- Educational programs—gives further background on specific subjects of study in the profession's educational programs and lists basic information such as course length, prerequisites, and typical course work
- Licensure, certification, and registration—provides legal and/or professional requirements for practicing in a chosen profession
- Inquiries—contains names, addresses, and other contact information for national professional associations, accrediting bodies, certifying agencies, and related information resources
Lifetime Access to Best-Selling AMA Publications
E-Books from the AMA can be accessed on the go when downloaded directly to an electronic device, including desktops, laptops and tablets. E-Books are sold per user, but one e-Book purchase can be downloaded on up to six different devices. E-Books feature:
- E-Books are not able to be printed
- Exclusive AMA content: Get the full text of the print edition without worrying about it expiring
- Platform independence: Work offline! Every e-Book purchase allows for six downloads to electronic devices that support the ePub format, including a PC/laptop, Mac®, iPad®, iPod touch®, Nook® and Sony® Reader
- Simple navigation: Scroll through and read like you would a real book, browse using the table of contents or enter a specific page number to instantly access information
- Quick searching: Search by keyword or phrase; terms are highlighted within the text
- Bookmarks and notes: Mark and quickly locate pertinent information within an e-book
- Adobe Digital Editions (ADE) technology: Download the free software to organize and keep track of publications on the ADE bookshelf
Some digital publications also include supplementary materials, such as interactive forms, printable tables and PowerPoint® presentations.
A confirmation email will be sent for every e-Book purchased. This email will include an e-Book download link and instructions on how to install ADE and the iTunes app. A zipped file with the supplementary materials (if any) will be sent under a separate email.
Note: E-Book purchases are non-refundable.