The updated 2014 edition of ICD-9-CM Physician Codebook Vol. 1-2 delivers important diagnostic coding and reimbursement information. Integrating the Official Guidelines for Coding and Reporting into the ICD-9-CM code set, this codebook helps ensure the most accurate billing for a medical practice.
ICD-9-CM 2014 Professional Edition for Physicians, Volumes 1 and 2 is a valuable resource for the physician practice that wants to stay up-to-date on important diagnostic coding and reimbursement information. Users can quickly reference codes with dictionary-style headings, color-coding and symbols.
This text integrates the Official Guidelines for Coding and Reporting into the ICD-9-CM code set to provide information essential for the most accurate billing for physician practices. Other features include:
- New for 2014! ICD-9 to ICD-10 transition information written by the AMA CPT Medical Informatics Department supplies the background knowledge, plan, and tools needed to make a smooth and effective transition to the new code set
- New for 2014! An updated page design results in a lighter, physically easier to handle codebook
- Updated for 2014! Symbols for Medicare Code Edits distinguish codes that are age and/or sex specific so erroneous coding is avoided
- Updated for 2014! American Hospital Association's Coding Clinic for ICD-9-CM citations provide reference information regarding official ICD-9-CM coding advice that will enhance your understanding of specific codes
- Full-color Frank Netter anatomical plates educate users about anatomy
- Companion Web site provides the latest updates, a GEMs file for ICD-9-CM to ICD-10-CM crosswalking purposes, and MS-DRG information
- Coding tips and notes developed by coding experts define terms and provide additional coding instruction to aid in understanding difficult terminology, diseases and conditions, or coding in a specific category
- Full-color coding tables simplify complex coding issues and speed code searches
- Color-coded annotations highlight those codes that require additional considerations, enhance your understanding of terminology and clarify important coding criteria
- More than 200 code-specific color photographs and illustrations help users visualize and recognize the disease referenced
- Disease explanations ensure that you have the correct code
- Apple-flap spine makes shelving recognition and bookmark capabilities easier