Written by the creator of the CPT® code set, CPT® Changes 2014: An Insider's View helps health care practitioners stay current on CPT changes. Organized in the same manner as the CPT codebook, this guide provides the official AMA rationales for every added, revised and deleted CPT code and guideline.
This edition will provide explanation for changes in the following areas of the 2014 code set: Molecular Pathology, Digestive System, Cardiovascular System, Complex Chronic Care Coordination Services, Transitional Care Management Services and Appendix C.
CPT Changes 2014: An Insider's View helps health care providers stay current on annual CPT updates. It includes information and rationale on:
- CPT code and guideline additions
- CPT code and guideline deletions
- CPT code and guideline revisions
Features of CPT Changes 2014: An Insider's View include:
- Organizational structure similar to the CPT codebook allows coders to easily conduct a side-by-side read of CPT Changes with the CPT Professional Edition codebook
- Official AMA rationales provide a detailed explanation for the code or guideline change
- Clinical examples, procedural descriptions and illustrations help explain the practical application for each change
- At-a-glance tabular review of 2014 changes shows the extent to which the changes affect a particular specialty