Providers want accurate reimbursement. Payers want efficient claims processing. But with the CPT code set being a dynamic, ever-changing necessity, an outdated codebook doesn't make your jobs easier.
Have the official, most current source at your fingertips: CPT 2014 Professional Edition.
Only the AMA, with the help of physicians and other experts in the health care community, creates and maintains the CPT code set. No other publisher can claim that. No other codebook can provide you the official guidelines to code medical services and procedures properly.
Correct reporting and billing of medical procedures and services begins with CPT 2014 Professional Edition.
The CPT Professional Codebook is used to help health care professionals correctly report and bill medical procedures and services. Written by the CPT Editiorial Panel, the CPT Professional Codebook presents up-to-date current procedural terminology codes, descriptions and guidelines to provide professionals with an accurate code set.
The code changes affecting the 2014 code set total 335. That number includes 175 new codes, 107 revised codes, and 53 deleted codes.
Noteworthy changes to the CPT 2014 code set will be found in the following sections and subsections: Digestive System, Molecular Pathology, Cardiovascular System, Complex Chronic Care Coordination Services, Transitional Care Management Services and Appendix C.
The CPT Professional Codebook covers hundreds of code, guideline and text changes. It features the following enhancements:
- Revised and enhanced for 2014! Significant updates to more than 30 percent of the clinical examples for E/M service codes enhance this already great educational tool to understanding how a CPT code applies to an E/M service
- New! An alphabetical tabular listing of most analytes in the Pathology and Laboratory section eases your code search by directing you to applicable molecular pathology codes based on a specific analyte
- Increased granularity in Molecular Pathology! The addition of more than 100 analytes improves your ability to assign the proper code for a laboratory procedure
- Customer favorite! CPT® 2014 E/M Express Reference Tables Pocket Guide* summarizes the requirements for reporting E/M services and helps the user select and validate proper E/M coding
- Updated! CPT® Changes, CPT® Assistant, and Clinical Examples in Radiology citations provide cross-referenced information in popular AMA resources that can enhance your understanding of the CPT code set
- A comprehensive index aids you in locating codes related to a specific procedure, service, anatomic site, condition, synonym, eponym or abbreviation; revised and enhanced for the 2014 edition to allow for a clearer, quicker search
- Anatomical and procedural illustrations help improve coding accuracy and understanding of the anatomy and procedures being discussed
- Appendix of multianalyte assays with algorithmic analyses provides an administrative code set of single-sourced (laboratory and manufacturer) tests
- Coding tips throughout each section improve your understanding of the nuances of the code set
- Enhanced codebook table of contents allows users to perform a quick search of the codebook's entire content without being in a specific section
- Section-specific table of contents provides users with a tool to navigate more effectively through each section's codes
- Summary of additions, deletions and revisions provides a quick reference to 2014 changes without having to refer to previous editions
- Multiple appendixes offer quick reference to additional information and resources that cover such topics as modifiers, clinical examples, add-on codes and vascular families
*Not available for wholesalers/resellers. Supplies are limited. The AMA reserves the right to determine order eligibility.