New release, fully updated! The American Medical Association's Physician's Guide to Medical Staff Organization Bylaws, fifth edition, is an outstanding reference manual for drafting or amending medical staff bylaws.
In addition to providing bylaws language that supports self-governance, this resource addresses the new Joint Commission Standard MS.01.01.01, as well as other emerging issues in health care that impact the medical staff. Because medical staff bylaws are considered a contract and legally binding in most states, it is extremely important that they are current, well written and thoughtfully organized.
Not an AMA member? Discounted pricing on products and services is just one benefit of AMA membership. Please click Join/Renew for more information.
The new fifth edition features practical guidance on:
- Bylaws development
- Model by-laws language
- Due process
- Corrective action
- Quality assessment and improvement
- Emerging issues and recent trends in medical staff re-engineering
Lifetime Access to Best-Selling AMA Publications
E-Books from the AMA can be accessed on the go when downloaded directly to an electronic device, including desktops, laptops and tablets. E-Books are sold per user, but one e-Book purchase can be downloaded on up to six different devices. E-Books feature:
- E-Books are not able to be printed
- Exclusive AMA content: Get the full text of the print edition without worrying about it expiring
- Platform independence: Work offline! Every e-Book purchase allows for six downloads to electronic devices that support the ePub format, including a PC/laptop, Mac® iPad®, iPod touch®, Nook® and Sony® Reader
- Simple navigation: Scroll through and read like you would a real book, browse using the table of contents or enter a specific page number to instantly access information
- Quick searching: Search by keyword or phrase; terms are highlighted within the text
- Bookmarks and notes: Mark and quickly locate pertinent information within an e-book
- Adobe Digital Editions (ADE) technology: Download the free software to organize and keep track of publications on the ADE bookshelf
Some digital publications also include supplementary materials, such as interactive forms, printable tables and PowerPoint® presentations.
A confirmation email will be sent for every e-Book purchased. This email will include an e-Book download link and instructions on how to install ADE and the iTunes app. A zipped file with the supplementary materials (if any) will be sent under a separate email.
Note: E-Book purchases are non-refundable.