For the physician making a career move, Annotated Model Physician-Hospital Employment Agreement is a valuable resource that addresses the specific needs of physicians who are preparing to negotiate an employment contract with a hospital or related entity.
The American Medical Association (AMA) recognizes that many physicians are becoming employees of hospitals.
For the physician making a career move—and looking to do so with greater knowledge and confidence—the AMA offers a new resource, Annotated Model Physician-Hospital Employment Agreement. This valuable resource addresses the specific needs of physicians who are preparing to negotiate an employment contract with a hospital or related entity and will enhance a physicians' understanding and negotiating position as they navigate employment contracts.
Not an AMA member? Discounted pricing on products and services is just one benefit of AMA membership. Please click Join/Renew for more information.
Annotated Model Physician-Hospital Employment Agreement features:
- A thorough description of basic contract terms typically found in an employment agreement
- An in-depth explanation of the significance of such provisions and language that benefits the physician employee
- Important examples of language that may be problematic to the physician employee
Barney I. Cohen, JD, AMA, and James A. DeNuccio, MBA, AMA
Lifetime Access to Best-Selling AMA Publications
E-Books from the AMA can be accessed on the go when downloaded directly to an electronic device, including desktops, laptops and tablets. E-Books are sold per user, but one e-Book purchase can be downloaded on up to six different devices. E-Books feature:
- E-Books are not able to be printed
- Exclusive AMA content: Get the full text of the print edition without worrying about it expiring
- Platform independence: Work offline! Every e-Book purchase allows for six downloads to electronic devices that support the ePub format, including a PC/laptop, Mac®, iPad®, iPod touch®, Nook® and Sony® Reader
- Simple navigation: Scroll through and read like you would a real book, browse using the table of contents or enter a specific page number to instantly access information
- Quick searching: Search by keyword or phrase; terms are highlighted within the text
- Bookmarks and notes: Mark and quickly locate pertinent information within an e-book
- Adobe Digital Editions (ADE) technology: Download the free software to organize and keep track of publications on the ADE bookshelf
Some digital publications also include supplementary materials, such as interactive forms, printable tables and PowerPoint® presentations.
A confirmation email will be sent for every e-Book purchased. This email will include an e-Book download link and instructions on how to install ADE and the iTunes app. A zipped file with the supplementary materials (if any) will be sent under a separate email.
Note: E-Book purchases are non-refundable.