For the physician making a career move, Annotated Model Physician-Hospital Employment Agreement is a valuable resource that addresses the specific needs of physicians who are preparing to negotiate an employment contract with a hospital or related entity.
The American Medical Association (AMA) recognizes that many physicians are becoming employees of hospitals.
For the physician making a career move—and looking to do so with greater knowledge and confidence—the AMA offers a new resource, Annotated Model Physician-Hospital Employment Agreement. This valuable resource addresses the specific needs of physicians who are preparing to negotiate an employment contract with a hospital or related entity and will enhance a physicians' understanding and negotiating position as they navigate employment contracts.
Not an AMA member? Discounted pricing on products and services is just one benefit of AMA membership. Please click Join/Renew for more information.
Annotated Model Physician-Hospital Employment Agreement features:
- A thorough description of basic contract terms typically found in an employment agreement
- An in-depth explanation of the significance of such provisions and language that benefits the physician employee
- Important examples of language that may be problematic to the physician employee
Barney I. Cohen, JD, AMA, and James A. DeNuccio, MBA, AMA
Access to Best-Selling AMA Publications Online
Access AMA e-Books online! Our cloud-based system allows users to
access e-Books from devices including desktops, laptops, smart phones and tablets. E-Books are sold per user and each user can view the
e-Book on an unlimited number of devices.
- E-Books cannot be printed and copying and pasting is not available
- E-Books are non-refundable
- Access to e-Books is available only through the internet and e-Books cannot be downloaded
- An American Medical Association account is required to access e-Books. Users who don't have an account will be prompted to create an account when accessing their e-Books for the first time.