Older patients require specific design and practice management considerations incorporated into the medical practice to improve patient care. The American Medical Association has produced Geriatric Care By Design, to highlight the unique needs of aging patients in a physician practice through a design/practice management perspective.
Older patients require specific design and practice management considerations incorporated into the medical practice to improve patient care. The American Medical Association (AMA) has produced Geriatric Care By Design, to highlight the unique needs of aging patients in a physician practice through a design/practice management perspective.
This resource presents strategies that help you successfully manage opportunities and challenges such as:
- Accessibility issues
- Coordination of care
- Supportive office systems
- Case studies and lessons learned from experts in the fields of both primary and specialty care, provide information and clear insight on how to design an environment that meets the needs of physicians, patients and office staff
Available in both print format and e-Book formats, this publication features easy-to-implement ideas, pragmatic plans and templates that are readily available at your fingertips for making changes both big and small in your practice. It is formatted to fit the lives of busy practitioners through bulleted points and easy-to-use checklists, tables and links to resources for additional information.
Topics covered include:
- Structural design
- Evaluating your practice
- Staffing and human resources
- Role for the family caregiver
- Health literacy and patient self-management
- Culturally effective care and health disparities
- Medical home-coordination of care
Lifetime Access to Best-Selling AMA Publications
E-Books from the AMA can be accessed on the go when downloaded directly to an electronic device, including desktops, laptops and tablets. E-Books are sold per user, but one e-Book purchase can be downloaded on up to six different devices. E-Books feature:
- E-Books are not able to be printed
- Exclusive AMA content: Get the full text of the print edition without worrying about it expiring
- Platform independence: Work offline! Every e-Book purchase allows for six downloads to electronic devices that support the ePub format, including a PC/laptop, Mac®, iPad®, iPod touch®, Nook® and Sony® Reader
- Simple navigation: Scroll through and read like you would a real book, browse using the table of contents or enter a specific page number to instantly access information
- Quick searching: Search by keyword or phrase; terms are highlighted within the text
- Bookmarks and notes: Mark and quickly locate pertinent information within an e-book
- Adobe Digital Editions (ADE) technology: Download the free software to organize and keep track of publications on the ADE bookshelf
Some digital publications also include supplementary materials, such as interactive forms, printable tables and PowerPoint® presentations.
A confirmation email will be sent for every e-Book purchased. This email will include an e-Book download link and instructions on how to install ADE and the iTunes app. A zipped file with the supplementary materials (if any) will be sent under a separate email.
Note: E-Book purchases are non-refundable.