When a medical emergency strikes, being prepared can make all the difference in the world. Now you can have the most up-to-date information at your fingertips with the American Medical Association Handbook of First Aid and Emergency Care.
The Ultimate First Aid Handbook From the Experts
When a medical emergency strikes, being prepared can make all the difference in the world. Now you can have the most up-to-date information at your fingertips with the American Medical Association (AMA) Handbook of First Aid and Emergency Care, the ultimate first aid handbook from the experts.
This book is intended to be a resource for anyone concerned about personal and community health. It is divided into six sections to help you find information quickly on the prevention of disease and injuries, as well as basic medical first aid for illnesses and injuries that occur commonly in everyday life. A comprehensive index at the back of the book helps you find the appropriate entry if your medical problem is not clearly listed.
Full of practical, clear, and easy-to-understand advice, this resource ensures that every household is prepared for any type of medical situation.
Key features of this book include
- How to recognize and treat illnesses and injuries, listed alphabetically
- Emergency procedures everyone should know, such as CPR and the Heimlich Maneuver
- A medical information chart to be filled in for each family member
- Disaster preparedness plans
- Sports injuries and first aid
- Easy-to-follow instructions and line drawings that walk you through each step