Improve your use of the Guides Sixth, Fifth and Fourth editions
Case examples demonstrate how to correctly apply the principles of the Guides Sixth, Guides Fifth and Guides Fourth editions
Apply the principles of the AMA Guides with this must-have companion book. More than 70 in-depth cases cover an array of different systems and diagnoses, mirroring the chapter organization of the main Guides editions to promote ease of use.
- 71 clinical cases that represent the types of problems encountered in evaluating impairment
- Solutions for each case that demonstrate the appropriate application of the Guides Sixth, Guides Fifth, and Guides Fourth principles
- References to charts and related information that can be found in the main Guides publications
New to impairment evaluation? This practical resource provides excellent instruction to help you quickly assimilate to the Guides Sixth and learn how to correctly apply its principles.
Experienced evaluator? Refine your skills by comparing your understanding with that of the authors—all experts in the field of impairment evaluation.
This book will also prove helpful to professionals studying for examinations in the domain of impairment assessment and to other professionals, such as attorneys, claims professionals, nurses and case managers who read reports and need to know how ratings should be performed.
Clinical case format: An initial clinical problem and case summary are provided to give the reader enough detail to independently determine the impairment rating. The reader can then compare their results with that of the expert contributing author. The author's answer for each case includes:
- The patient diagnosis
- References to applicable sections, tables and figures found in the Guides Sixth, Guides Fifth and Guides Fourth principles
- A summary of the essential elements of the medical evaluation and impairment evaluation based on the Guides Sixth, Guides Fifth and Guides Fourth principles
- The whole person permanent impairment rating according to the Guides Sixth, Guides Fifth and Guides Fourth editions
What others are saying:
"For those concerned with the fairness of the impairment evaluation process, it is required reading. "
Gunnar B. Andersson, MD, PhD
Professor and Chairman, Department of Orthopedic Surgery
Rush-Presbyterian-St Luke's Medical Center
Foreword, The Guides Casebook, third edition
"This is another giant step forward in the ever-evolving subspecialty field of impairment and disability ratings. I highly recommend that users of the Guides Sixth complement their use of the Guides with The Guides Casebook."
David A. Fetter, MD, FAAOS, FAADEP, CEDIR
Orthopedic Surgeon, private practice
View the table of contents.