This guide lays out the foundations of good health, presents basic steps you can take to reduce health risks and prevent major killers, and shows you how to prevent the most common chronic disorders.
Based on the latest clinical research and filled with information that was previously hard to find, this indispensable reference tells you about the latest disease-fighting measures, from techniques for reducing stress and quitting smoking to the best way to get a good night's sleep. You'll even learn how eating certain foods can help you avoid some of the most common chronic illnesses, including heart disease, type 2 diabetes, cancer, and high blood pressure.
With this book, you discover how to:
- Live younger and longer with exercise
- Prevent heart attacks and stroke
- Avoid type 2 diabetes
- Prevent infections
- Keep your bones, joints, vital organs, and digestive system healthy
- Control allergies
- Protect your children's health
- Maintain your reproductive health
- Reduce dementia risks and prevent premature aging